Raising the bar, reducing our footprint.
To ensure long-term environmental sustainability, Alicon has pioneered several green initiatives. Across all our facilities, we have implemented a range of activities to help control our carbon footprint and continuously seek new ways to work towards our mission of sustainability.
- Modified circuitry in the Wanfeng LPDC machines to save 3000kw every month
- Changed power packs in the LPDC machines to save 10,000 KWH
- Installed LED lights across group premises to save 18,000 units every day
- Fitted solar plants on the roofs on our Shikrapur and Chinchwad premises
- Installed a Recuperator in the LPG fired Heat Treatment Furnace which used 8-10% less fuel
Our efforts go beyond our premises, which is why we’re working on a Green Supply Chain that features reusable packaging like:
- LEAP Foldable FLC that eliminates use of wooden and corrugated boxes
- Locally hired MB5 containers across our global operations that reduces wastage from packaging damage
- Reusable Goodpack containers for exports instead of corrugated or wooden options, for which we’ve already reached 70% of our target